Communications & Marketing Internships
The scope for communications and marketing at CERES is huge. As a vibrant, unique and hugely varied organisation based in Melbourne, we can offer training and a great experience for students and passionate people looking to gain hands-on workplace experience. As a NFP who is 95% self-financed via its collection of social enterprises, CERES is leading the way in social, economic and environmental change.
We have a number of projects suitable for interns – they can be completed individually or linked together based on course requirements. All interns will be working within the CERES Communications Team and will be supported by them to deliver projects and gain the experience they require.
At this stage we are looking for Masters level students or motivated individuals – we are unable to support undergraduates.
Benefits & opportunities
- Develop skills relating to social media, marketing, and administration
- Stepping stone for graduates looking for some real experience to add to their portfolio for potential employers
- Design and deliver communications which prioritise community and the environment
- Opportunity to meet like-minded people in the fields of environment, education and social enterprise
Skills & experience (required)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal.
Yes, this is the only requirement. Candidates will be chosen based on their demonstrated experience in a collection of the skills below.
Skills & experience (desirable)
- WordPress or similar
- Indesign and Adobe Creative Suite
- Stakeholder and community engagement
- Marketing & promotion (and measurement of impact/return on investment)
- Film or photography including management of a catalogue of images
- Database management
Some of the projects that may be interesting and useful for interns looking to gain practical experience include:
Communicate the history of CERES through our website, app and visitor centre in the form of concise copy and a range of engaging images.
To take the knowledge of our incredible nursery staff, use it to create infographics to share online through multiple channels.
Organise the extensive library of images and videos to make them useful for marketing purposes and easy to find.
Green Technology communications
Collect technical information from the green technology team, translate it into simple language and display in the smartphone app.
Search Engine Optimisation
Improve our SEO by adding keywords to pages on our WordPress site.
Community Groups online presence
Create and implement strategy around the online presence of each community group to maintain our audience on our website.
Assist in collating information for and working with the team to deliver the Annual Report.
Ongoing tasks and opportunities for gaining experience include:
- Social media updates
- Updating the website
- Updating the app (“Chook”)
- Raising the profile of CERES
- Assistance with events
Minimum 60 hours to achieve mutual benefit. Varies based on application. We are happy to work with Masters students and their supervisors to meet the requirements for course credit.