Landscape Architect Volunteer Position Description
Spiritual Garden Design
Background: CERES has a number of spiritual groups who call CERES their home. They include the Spirit of the Earth Medicine Society, Fitzroy Uniting Church (now called Sophia’s Spring), Melbourne Zen Group and Insight Meditation group. In addition there are various yoga and other “wellbeing” groups that host sessions each week.
Many of these groups are located in the CERES Learning Centre. This building was renovated and extended several years ago but the landscape was not.
CERES has developed a comprehensive design brief, available on request.
Supervisor: Nick Curmi
Team: Habitat Team
Area Manager: Nick Curmi
Objective: To develop plans for the landscaping of the Learning Centre, in line with it being the “educational and spiritual centre” of CERES.
Skills / Experience & Qualities:
- Mandatory: Fit and healthy, independent and safety conscious. Polite and respectful communication skills.
- Preferred: Graduate Landscape Architect or similar. Skills in CAD or similar.
Specific Tasks & Duties:
- Develop a number of concept designs in response to the design brief and identified stakeholders.
- Present designs to the stakeholder group for feedback.
- Develop detailed plans suitable to direct for construction.
- A real-life commercial scale project for your folio.
- Opportunity to gain experience in collaborative decision making and consultation.
- Opportunity to see your design realised in its physical form.
Training: Induction will be held on the starting day and including the CERES design development process.
Times / Days: Mondays 10am – 3pm
Commitment Required: A minimum of three months as this is a large complex project.