Site Maintenance Volunteering
Volunteer Position Description
Background: The site maintenance team has the ongoing responsibility to maintain buildings, infrastructure, energy, water and waste systems. The team is also involved in construction and landscaping. The position is being created to help the team handle the increasing demands placed on the site and also as an opportunity for sharing skills and strengthen our community connection.
Supervisor: Martin Johansson
Team: The Site Maintenance Team
Area Manager: Nick Curmi
Objectives: To assist the site team to maintain the site
Skills / Experience & Qualities:
● Mandatory: Fit and healthy, independent and safety conscious. Polite and respectful communication skills. Ability to follow instructions. Commitment to CERES values and code of behavior.
● Preferred: Any trade, creative, artistic, social-connecting, hands on person. Any skills or experience mentioned in the specific tasks and duties below.
Specific Tasks & Duties Includes:
● Woodwork. Construction of internal and external furniture, buildings and infrastructure repairs.
● Metalwork. Fencing, energy, water and waste system components.
● Masonry. Retaining walls, paving and features.
● Landscaping. Paths, mulching and beautifying the landscape.
Benefits: Some of the benefits include learning new skills, both practical and theoretical. Acquire sustainable waste, energy and water systems skills that could assist you with your home system or prepare you for a job in this field. There is also opportunity to connect with both the CERES community and like-minded people.
Training: Induction will be held on the starting day and training will be provided as needed to fit the different jobs.
Times / Days: Wednesday 10 – 3
Commitment Required: A minimum of three months is preferred. Consistent attendance will make it easier for the supervisor to plan the tasks in advance.
Review Period: This position commences with a three month probationary period.