Applications close: 22 May
CERES seeks a skilled Sourdough Baker responsible for the smooth delivery of baked goods at the CERES Bakery in Brunswick East, assisting with delivering high-quality goods and supporting efficient production.
This role requires the following:
- Cleaning and preparation of all baking materials for the specific job.
- Assembling all dry and wet goods for production.
- Working autonomously and in a team to execute sourdough recipes (mixing/shaping /baking).
- Utilising industrial equipment to facilitate efficient production.
- Ensure all baked goods are stored and packaged properly.
WORKING AT CERES IS MORE THAN JUST A JOB
It’s the feeling that your work contributes to making the world a better place and working with others who feel the same.
In addition to a connection to social causes, you will have access to:
- Collaborative and highly supportive team environment.
- Access to all CERES’ unique environments, including the park, with strong links to the environment and community.
- Generous staff discounts across many CERES enterprises and products, including educational programs and café purchases at Merri Cafe.
We’d love to hear from you! Please submit your cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description and resume as one document.
Please see the full Position Description below.
CERES is committed to providing and maintaining a safe working environment and without risk to the health of its employees, consistent with our obligations under Occupational Health and Safety legislation. If you are successful in this role, you may be asked to provide evidence that you are vaccinated against COVID-19, or that you have proof of medical exemption from the vaccine. Acceptable evidence includes a COVID-19 digital certificate stored on an appropriate App on your phone.
At CERES we seek a workforce that is as diverse as our society – in ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, disability, culture and beliefs – and reflects the communities we work in. We believe diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and core values and we demonstrate this commitment through all our employment practices. Our inclusive workplace culture contributes to making CERES a great place to work. We actively encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people from CALD backgrounds, LGBTIQA+ people, people with a disability and others to apply.
CERES Child Safe standards;
- In line with the Child Wellbeing and Safety Amendment (Child Safety Standards) Act 2015, CERES is committed to upholding the Victorian Child Safe Standards, to the best of its abilities and resources.
- CERES Upholds itself as an organisation committed to the right to survival, protection, development, participation and empowerment of all children and young people.
- Is committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children, young people and children and young people from culturally diverse and/or linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and to providing a safe environment for children and young people with a disability.