Digital Content Coordinator
- Permanent part-time – 30 hours/week
- Melbourne – Brunswick East
- Not-for-profit (NFP)
- Job posted on: 8 September
- Applications close: 5pm Wednesday 21 September
The Communications team provides a vital role in communicating CERES’ activities, mission and values to an enormous range of internal and external stakeholders. The team communicates directly with the general public, and supports other areas of CERES to communicate with their own specific stakeholders.
CERES School of Nature and Climate (SoNAC) is comprised of Student Programs, delivering learning for students at CERES, in schools and online; Teacher Programs, delivering learning for teachers and educators and whole school sustainability programs at schools and early learning centres; and Adult Learning, providing workshops, courses, retreats and accredited training for youth and adults.
Where you come in
This position has a focus on communications for the CERES School of Nature and Climate, but applies their skills where required across CERES communications activities. The position supports communications for Teacher Programs, Student Programs, and Adult Learning Programs, and will oversee the website and brand for the School.
Working with the Communications Manager and Digital Marketing Coordinator, the position will assist with strategic planning for campaigns, content creation and measuring the success of campaign activity.
You will make an impact by:
- Helping to bring the School of Nature and Climate website into alignment with the CERES brand, including ensuring content is up-to-date, accessible and follows good design and user experience principles.
- Sharing CERES stories through regular EDM.
- Helping raise awareness of CERES campaigns.
- Creating and sharing content on our social media channels.
- Maintaining and contributing to a library of content.
- Assisting the Teacher and Student Programs team and Communications team to frame and share stories.
- Attending local events, conferences, schools and partner meetings.
Does this sound like you?
Key selection criteria:
- Qualifications or equivalent relevant experience in communications, marketing, journalism, or related field.
- Excellent written, oral and visual communication skills.
- Intermediate understanding of website builders and components, particularly using WordPress.
- Demonstrated knowledge of setting up and/or managing content libraries.
- Intermediate knowledge of digital marketing, automation and email platforms, and use of social media using the Meta Business Suite.
- Intermediate knowledge of video-editing and photography, including familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Demonstrated experience assisting in the creation and measurement of marketing campaigns.
- Understanding of primary and secondary school stakeholders and audiences.
- Experience working with e-commerce platforms.
Working at CERES and CERES School of Nature and Climate is more than just a job
- It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place and working with others who feel the same.
In addition to a connection to social causes you will have access to:
- Agile working environment including working from home.
- Collaborative, values-centred and highly supportive team environment.
- Generous Award/Non – Award entitlements including paid breaks.
- Access to all CERES’ unique environments including the park with strong links to environment and community.
- Generous staff discounts across many CERES enterprises and products including educational programs and at Nursery and Grocery.
We’d love to hear from you. Please submit your cover letter and resume as one document, addressing the key selection criteria, to: Maria McConkey, Communications Manager.
Please see full Position Description below.
CERES is committed to providing and maintaining a safe working environment without risk to the health of its employees, consistent with our obligations under Occupational Health and Safety legislation. If you are successful in this role, before the commencement of employment, you will need to provide evidence that you are vaccinated against COVID-19 or that you have proof of medical exemption from the vaccine. Acceptable evidence includes a COVID-19 digital certificate downloadable from your myGov account.
At CERES, we seek a workforce that is as diverse as our society – in ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, disability, cultures and beliefs – and reflects the communities we work in. We believe diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our culture and core values, demonstrating this commitment through all our employment practices. Our inclusive workplace culture contributes to making CERES a great place to work. We actively encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people.