CERES Maintenance Technician
A TECHNICIAN WITH A STRONG WORK ETHIC AND CAN-DO ATTITUDE.
- Permanent Part-time, 14 hours per week
Melbourne – Brunswick East
- Applications close 30 August 2022
- CERES is seeking a maintenance technician with a proven track record performing facility and maintenance repairs.
CERES IS NO ORDINARY NOT-FOR-PROFIT
CERES Community Environment Park is an award-winning, not-for-profit environment park and urban
farm located by Merri Creek in East Brunswick, Melbourne. Once a landfill site and wasteland, today,
CERES is a thriving, vibrant community. With over 450,000 visitors a year, CERES is Australia’s most visited environmental centre.
The CERES Visitor Experience Area is located at the original CERES park in East Brunswick. It presents a complex array of gardens, infrastructure, renewable energy systems, filtration systems, and building types, including staff and public facilities. The site is a hub for urban farms, thriving social enterprises and holistic education programs across all various age groups and demographics.
WHERE YOU COME IN
The Maintenance Technician works closely with the Lead Maintenance Technician and other Maintenance Technicians to maintain and repair the park’s facilities. The technician will work on various buildings and equipment and, in addition, will maintain hard landscaping such as paths, retaining walls and fencing. This position will support the maintenance of other types of infrastructure, including water harvesting and filtration systems and waste management.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
This role requires experience in maintaining large, diverse infrastructure in a fast-paced and busy
environment, experience in working as part of a close-knit team and a capacity to assess, prioritise and carry out the repair of all constructed mediums.
- Physically capable of performing manual tasks, including safely lifting heavy objects.
- Experienced in operating various equipment, including leaf blowers and small hand tools.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and follow specified procedures.
- Remains calm in challenging situations; does not give up easily when problems arise.
- Acts with integrity and behaves in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
- Manages self, shows awareness of own strengths and areas for growth; develops and applies new skills; seeks feedback from colleagues and stakeholders.
- Communicates effectively.
- Works well collaboratively.
SPECIALIST SKILLS DESIRABLE:
- Steel fabrication, including welding
- Timber and Masonry Construction
- Hard landscaping and Arboriculture
- Plumbing and basic Mechanical maintenance
WORKING AT CERES IS MORE THAN JUST A JOB
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work contributes to making the world a better place and working
with others who feel the same. In addition to a connection to social causes, you will have access to:
- Agile working environment
- Collaborative, values-centred and highly supportive team environment
- Access to all CERES’ unique environments, including the park, with strong links to the
environment and community
- Generous staff discounts across many CERES enterprises and products, including educational programs and food purchases at our Grocery
- Access to staff training and wellbeing initiatives, including Employee Assistance Program (EAP) counselling services.
We’d love to hear from you! Please submit your resume and cover letter addressing
the Person Specifications in the Position Description to Cass Froese, Director – Visitor Experience, as one document.
CERES is committed to providing and maintaining a working environment which is safe and without risk to the health of its employees, consistent with our obligations under Occupational Health and Safety legislation. If you are successful in this role, prior to commencement of employment you will need to provide evidence that you are vaccinated against COVID-19, or that you have proof of medical exemption from the vaccine. Acceptable evidence includes a COVID-19 digital certificate downloadable from your myGov account.
CERES is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We actively encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from CALD backgrounds, LGBTIQA+ people, people with disability and others who have diverse experiences of our world to apply for this opportunity. CERES believes that inclusion and equity among our teammates are critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.