CERES Urban Farmer
Are you passionate about urban farming and community? Want to be a farmer with land to make your own while educating and inspiring others with your passion for sustainable food systems?
CERES is seeking an Urban Farmer to manage two micro enterprises – Honey Lane market garden and Honey Lane eggs. Working with volunteers and students you will engage and educate the wider community about the benefits of urban food production and community food systems.
- Permanent part time position with view to increasing hours
- Once in a lifetime opportunity for an individual passionate about urban farming
- Work outdoors in a beautiful and unique location
- Inspire and educate while doing the job you love
CERES Community Environment Park is an award‐winning, not-for‐profit, environment park and urban farm located by the Merri Creek in East Brunswick, Melbourne. Once a landfill site and wasteland, today CERES is a thriving, vibrant community. With over 450,000 visitors a year, CERES is the most visited environmental centre in Australia.
About Honey Lane Organics
Honey Lane Organics is the anchor of our community food system. It is a working collection of market gardens, chickens, food swaps, ethical retail enterprises and food projects that train, employ and connect diverse groups of people through locally grown organic food.
What we are looking for
We are seeking an Urban Farmer who will be responsible for managing two micro enterprises – Honey Lane market garden and Honey Lane eggs and use these enterprises as a means to engage and educate the wider community about the benefits of urban food production and community food systems.
This opportunity is a dream job for the right person giving you an acre of land to manage for sustainable food production.
What we offer
- The opportunity you have been waiting for to take urban farming to the next level through education and community engagement
- An excellent team of passionate and experienced individuals to work with
- An established community food system to connect with in a unique location
Please view the full position description. Applications must be submitted via our website and should include the following as one document:
- A cover letter addressed to Melissa Lawson, Farm and Food Group manager.
- A statement addressing the key selection criteria from the position description
- A current CV
Applications must be received by 9am on Monday 16th July to be considered.
All correspondence to be sent to Melissa@ceres.org.au