Photography & Film Volunteer
The CERES School of Nature and Climate is the evolution of our education programs into a focused response to the climate and ecological crisis we are facing. Our education offerings at CERES, in the community, at schools and online, are designed with intention and impact to ensure our learning experiences are regenerative, inclusive, life-changing, and leading
Michelle Sanahon – Communications Coordinator, CERES School of Nature and Climate
Daniela Signor – Online Education Coordinator, CERES School of Nature and Climate
Team: School of Nature and Climate Central Team (with support from Teacher Programs, Student Programs and Adult Learning teams)
Director: Lorna Pettifer
To collaborate with team members in building a portfolio of photos and videos for use in promotional material and social media, to support in sharing the School’s impact, stories and current environmental narratives with our audience.
- Photography and video filming of our programs including (but not limited to) educators and trainers in action, students (school age and adults) learning, education events held or attended by CERES, and any other education related images to assist in supporting our programs, messaging and impact
- Editing of images for use in different media formats including video, website, social media, email and print
- Edit video footage to create short videos for use on the website and social media
- Photography and video filming will take place onsite at CERES and offsite locations
- Experience in scientific and environmental communication – a rapidly developing field of work
- Be part of a vibrant community and that cares for the environment
- Great introduction to and experience in photography/videography for an environmental education organisation
- Opportunities to network with like-minded people
- Access to staff discounts at the Merri Cafe, Market and Grocery, CERES Visitor Centre and CERES Nursery
A basic induction is given to working at CERES, as well as tour of the site and facilities. Training will be on the job with the support of the School of Nature and Climate teams.
Times / Days:
Flexibility to volunteer 1-2 days per week (4-6 hours per day). Days will be dependent on when specific programs or events will be running that week. Will include some weekends.
A minimum of 3 months is preferred. Consistent attendance and flexibility is needed to be a valuable team member and will make it easier for the supervisor to plan schedules in advance.
Skills / Experience:
- Proven ability to take engaging images and produce short videos Please supply examples of your work
- Experience using DSLRs
- Intermediate knowledge of image editing software, such as Adobe Photoshop or GIMP
- Intermediate knowledge of video editing software, such as Adobe Premiere or DaVinci Resolve
- Beginner knowledge of lighting and composition
- Attention to detail, reliable and resourceful
- Ability to work independently
- Commitment to CERES and its values and code of behaviour.
Required Attachments to Application:
- A short cover letter to explain your suitability for the role
- Examples of your work
To request this position:
Fill in the volunteer questionnaire form opposite and it will automatically go to the volunteer supervisor. If you experience any issues filling in the form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org