Signage Design Volunteering
Volunteer Position Description
Background: A recent rebrand of the main CERES logo, and the 11 brands that sit within the family, has refreshed and reinvigorated the site. Combined with a shift in the usage of the space and an increase in foot traffic, a suite of signs is needed to provide simple and effective wayfinding for our visitors at the entryway.
Supervisor: Maria McConkey
Area Manager: Maria McConkey
Objectives: To design a concept for a suite of signs for the entry area and space connecting the Nursery, Visitor Centre and Merri Cafe.
Skills / Experience & Qualities:
● Mandatory: Skilled in spatial or graphic design; experience with 2D and/or 3D design packages.
● Preferred: Either completing a qualification, or recently graduated with a qualification in spatial or graphic design; experience with way-finding strategies.
Specific Tasks & Duties Includes:
● Collating current resources and conducting an area analysis.
● Research of successful way-finding examples and development of concepts.
● Present draft and final concepts.
● Consider environmental, spatial and material implications of designs.
Benefits: Gain experience working on a design brief with a well-known organisation; work with an experienced and supportive team; a great opportunity for students of design-related disciplines to undertake this project as a requirement of university coursework.
Training: Assistance will be provided throughout the project period, however training in specific design skills needed for this task will not be included.
Times / Days: There is flexibility within this role, as some hours can be worked offsite. However there is space for work to be undertaken in the CERES office on Thursdays and Fridays, between 9am and 5pm.
Commitment Required: Three months is preferred.
A full, detailed brief is available upon request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.