Corporate Volunteer Coordinator
You’re a clear thinker, self-driven and interested in social enterprise.
Permanent Part-time | 15 Hours per week
Job Posted on: 12/09/2022
Applications Close: 30/09/2022
CERES Community Environment Park is an award-winning, not-for-profit environment park and urban farm located by Merri Creek in Brunswick East, Melbourne. Once a landfill site and wasteland, today, CERES is a thriving, vibrant community. With over 650,000 visitors a year, CERES is one of the most loved places in Melbourne.
About CERES Corporate Volunteering
Each year CERES hosts around 60 groups connecting businesses and the Earth through farm and garden experiences for their teams. All profits from this enterprise are reinvested into projects that care for our Brunswick East park.
Where you come in
You’ll join our rapidly growing Communications team, which provides marketing support to grow our enterprises and fundraising operations. Your focus will be on providing business support to our Corporate Volunteering social enterprise. You’re looking for broad marketing experience to gain new skills and sharpen the ones you already have.
You will make an impact by:
- Providing business support by managing all enquiries end to end.
- Work alongside the Partnerships Manager on developing a marketing strategy to grow Corporate Volunteering.
- Deliver an excellent standard of customer service and manage relationships with existing and potential clients.
Does this sound like you?
This role requires:
- Demonstrated experience in hospitality, events or customer service.
- Studying or a recent graduate in Business, Events or Marketing.
- Volunteer experience.
- Group coordination experience.
- Experience working in a corporate environment.
- Interest in entrepreneurship and social enterprise.
Working at CERES is more than just a job
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work contributes to making the world a better place and working with others who feel the same.
In addition to a connection to social causes, you will have access to:
- Flexible working environment including working from home and working hours that suit you.
- Collaborative, values-centred and highly supportive team environment.
- Access to all CERES’ unique environments, including the park, with strong links to the environment and community.
- Generous staff discounts across many CERES enterprises and products, including educational programs and café purchases at Merri Cafe.
We’d love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter no longer than one page addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description and answering the following questions:
- What is your favourite social enterprise, and why?
- After having a look at our existing Corporate Volunteer offering, what is one marketing plan you would like to implement?
Please address Ben in your letter.
See the full Position Description below.
CERES is committed to providing and maintaining a working environment which is safe and without risk to the health of its employees, consistent with our obligations under Occupational Health and Safety legislation. If you are successful in this role, prior to commencement of employment you will need to provide evidence that you are vaccinated against COVID-19, or that you have proof of medical exemption from the vaccine. Acceptable evidence includes a COVID-19 digital certificate downloadable from your myGov account.
CERES is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We actively encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from CALD backgrounds, LGBTIQA+ people, people with disability and others who have diverse experiences of our world to apply for this opportunity. CERES believes that inclusion and equity among our teammates are critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.