Corporate Team Volunteering
CERES is a place to fall in love with the earth again. This former landfill tip is now an award winning sustainability education centre, organic farm, community hub & centre of social enterprise in Victoria. Your team is invited for one-off or consecutive volunteer days, hosted by an expert facilitator. We host groups of 7 – 150, across three hosts in Brunswick East or Coburg
Corporate Volunteer Days:
Welcome to CERES! We host rich, fulfilling and fun volunteer days across two sites at CERES – our main site in Brunswick East or offsite farm in Coburg, both along the Merri Creek. Volunteer days run from 10am to 4pm, kicking off with an exclusive site tour to welcome your team to CERES including our organic farm, nursery, cafe, chickens, community gardens and the beautiful Merri Creek.
The site tour is followed by a facilitated volunteer day from 10am – 4pm (or your preferred hours), including an hours lunch break. Delicious organic catering and on site cafe bookings are available. We host teams of up to 150pax per day! CERES volunteer activities can include gardening, weeding, painting, landscaping, composting and masonry across our 4 acre site (or Joes Garden). To book – send us an inquiry form and we will be in touch to secure your preferred date!
A typical day:
- 10:00am Meet your host at the Visitor Centre for an intro, tour and induction to the day’s activities.
- 10:30am Get stuck in! Volunteering activities might include gardening, painting, landscaping and stone masonry (or indoor work in inclement weather) all under the expert guidance of our trainers.
- 12:30pm Take a well-earned rest. Lunch & catering is available at The Merri Cafe or CERES Organic Grocery (both on site)
on site – bookings on (03) 9389 0166. Or bring your own picnic and eat under a shady tree.
- 1:30pm Put those workboots back on for the afternoon.
- 4pm Knock off time.
“The day got us closer to nature, empowered us to create and introduced us to a community at the forefront of sustainable enterprise. CERES is a great volunteer activity, a good escape from daily routine and if you are around the area a highly recommended weekend excursion with the family.”
Kelum Wijewardena (Corporate Volunteer with NAB)
CERES facilitators are expert CERES staff with years of experience leading environmental education programs and services. They’ll oversee your day, provide direction and oversea your safety. You may even pick up some gardening or handy-person tips! The financial contribution is a cost per head, covering CERES running costs- paying your facilitator, OH&S, training, co-ordination of your booking and ongoing strategic development of our volunteering programs.
We have three wonderful hosts to choose from. Honey Lane Market Garden and our Site & Garden hosts are located on our main site in Brunswick East (corner of Stewart St & Roberts St, Brunswick East). Joes Garden is located up the road in Coburg, on the banks of the Merri Creek (at 131 Harding St, Coburg). We can accommodate groups of 7-100, with larger groups spread across all three hosts or between our two main site hosts (depending on group size).
Why Volunteer at CERES?
- Contribute to urban regeneration and community in Melbourne
- Make your mark on our urban farm, community hub and environmental education centre.
- Choose between three hosts: Honey Lane Market Garden or CERES Site & Garden – both at our main site in Brunswick East; or Joes Market Garden – at our offsite farm on the Merri Creek in Coburg
- Onsite catering & cafes
- Large groups can be accomodated across multiple hosts
- We offer an exclusive site tour at the start of the day to welcome your team to CERES
- Located just 5 kilometres from the CBD within 5 minutes walk from the #96 or #1 trams.
- Get active outdoors in a beautiful setting
- Strengthen connections within your team
- How to Get There: CERES Main Site (Brunwick East): take the 96 tram to the end of Nicholson St (from Bourke St). CERES is a 5 minute walk from the tram stop. The main entrance on the corner of Stewart St and Roberts St, Brunswick East. On site parking is available, including bike parking! CERES Joes Market Garden (Coburg): Located at 131 Harding St Coburg. Take the #1 tram from Holmes St (from Swanston St). Street parking available. Joes Garden is located on the Merri Creek bike path.
- Site Tour: We kick off the day with a short, fun site tour of CERES Community Environment Park – you’ll meet the chickens, the farmers and the site at large. Please arrive by 10am sharp to the CERES Visitor Centre via the CERES Main Entrance on the corner of Stewart St and Roberts St, Brunswick East.
- Coffee & Lunch: Brunswick East participants can grab lunch or a coffee from Merri Table cafe or the CERES Organic Grocery before the day kicks off. Lunch is available at the Merri Table (book a table here) or the CERES Organic Grocery Cafe. Joes Garden participants- please bring your own lunch for a picnic by the creek.
- What to wear: Sturdy covered shoes, hat and sunscreen, a water bottle and clothes that you don’t mind getting a little ‘farmy’ in! Please bring an umbrella or raincoat.
- Wet weather options: We have activities for indoor volunteering, if required on the day.
PLEASE NOTE: Only groups of 7 or more people from a workplace, volunteering as a team will be accepted. For individual volunteer opportunities, please see our ceres.org.au/volunteer page.